Naoussa Alta Apostolos Thymiopoulos
Profoundly transformative red wine. Produced by renowned winemaker Apostolos Thymiopoulos has altered the Xinomavro profile and style by creating a modern representation where fruit and finesse dominate.
Discount Code: ALTAWINE20 for $20 off entire order
Reviews of This WineDecanter Magazine
- 2016 Alta- 93 points Sarah Jane Evans MW
Who is the Producer
- Producer: Thymiopoulos Vineyards
- Region: P.D.O. Naoussa
- Variety: Xinomavro 100%
- Vintage: 2016
- Soils/Parcels: Schist and Granite light soils. The highest vineyard in PDO Naoussa
- Vines: Approximately 30 years old
- Vinification: 15 days of maceration. Fermentation takes place with indigenous natural yeasts in oak barrels.
- Elevage: 8 months in oak barrels.
- Bottled: Unfiltered
Splendid ruby color with garnet hues. Chic nose, full of juicy red fruit. On the palate, medium body, crisp acidity with smooth tannins. Strawberry, and raspberry are interlaced with fennel, butter with hints of ripe tomato in a delicious and silky whole. When to drink Alta Red Wine? Now.
How to Purchase
*Alta Must Be Purchased In Quantities of 12 Bottles To Complete 1 Case*